I'm combining at least this post, then i don't have a whole bunch that probably no one reads anyway!
As I've said before, I follow a Celtic path so my personal gods are in the Celtic pantheon. I'll list a few and their attributes as well as 1 Roman goddess.
Brigit (or Brigid): A triple aspect goddess of healing, poetry and smithing. 2 of those aspects I need, I know what the word smithing means, but have no inclinations to take it on!! In Ireland there are many healing springs devoted to her name and the Catholic church even named a Saint after her, St Brigid of Kildare, aka Mary of the Gael.
Epona (in Wales she is known as Rhiannon): The horse goddess. She is also the goddess of fertility (!) and the worship of her even reached Rome. Her feast day is 18 December. My son had a horse named Epona when he was little, but she was named for the horse in the Zelda games!!
The Dagda : I have done a post of him previously. He carries a club and cauldron, it is said that he can kill 9 with one blow of his club and with the handle could return the dead back to life. His cauldron was never empty and no one ever left it unsatisfied. The Dagda is the "father god".
Diana : Roman goddess of the hunt, the Moon and childbirth. I like this goddess a lot! First, I am a Moon girl, my life is ruled around the moon and always has been! The oaks are sacred to her, her twin brother is Apollo.
Prayer I say before going to sleep and when I wake up:
O Goddess within;
O God within;
O Goddess of the Moon, Waters, and Earth;
O God of the Forests and Mountains;
I give thanks for ___(or, for my many blessings)
O God within;
O Goddess of the Moon, Waters, and Earth;
O God of the Forests and Mountains;
I give thanks for ___(or, for my many blessings)
********name blessings*********
Thank you for lending me spiritual strength in this time of need it has refreshed and encouraged me.
-Scott Cunningham Living Wicca
Great post!! And obviously I am behind in both the reading and writing of this project. Oops. >.<
ReplyDelete