Webster's Dictionary defines eclectic as:
1: Selecting what appears to be best in various doctrines, methods, or styles
2: Composed of elements drawn from various sources
I am definitely eclectic! I worship/honour the Celtic deities, but I also honour the Blessed Virgin (she is always welcomed into my circles), a few archangels and guardian angels, my ancestors and a very special ghost! I will often find something (especially right now in Humanities class) in the oddest places that make me say, Hey, I need to incorporate that in my life! My most recent ah-ha moments were whilst I was reading my Humanities book (The Humanistic Tradition) and we were discussing in class Taoism and the actionless action (meditation). The second was reading the book The Power (by the authour of The Secret), the whole book was an ah-ha for me!
I let my feelings tell me if what I'm doing is right, if I feel skittish about a spell or what someone says a witch should do, I look at it, get to the root of my feelings to see if it's fear or that I truly feel it's not right, then I go by what my gut tells me to do. I have rarely ever been wrong when I listen to my inner voice!
Having been in 'organised religion' and being wholly irritated by the mandates set, I much prefer being able to pick and choose what I wish to accept for myself! I choose eclectic and chaos! lol
No comments:
Post a Comment