I don't know how far behind I am, but I remember I was on a D. This is going to be an uphill for me, but I figured since it's Spring Break, may as well give it a go!
This comes from Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince, and whilst I know that is a fiction-ish book, the 3 Ds are something in my own practice that I try to concentrate on! The 3Ds according to Wilkie Twycross (through JK Rowling) are:
Destination
Determination
Deliberation
Destination: Where am I trying to be for this spell, summoning, Sabbat, etc? You have to know where you're going (doesn't have to be a physical location) to know if you have reached your destination. What do I wish to accomplish in this spell? Who do I wish to summon? What do I want to focus on for this Sabbat? Those are questions I ask myself before I even come up with any kind of ritual.
Determination: By focusing my will on what I am doing I am determined to cause something to happen for me. This is also known as intention and is a very important component to ANY witchcraft!
Deliberation: I deliberately, through my intention cause a thing to come into being. If my intention and thoughts are scattered, I get scattered or even reversed results (yes, I am having to live through and reverse a scattered spell right now. Not a lot of fun, but VERY educational). By taking my time, thinking the spell, etc through in it's entirety, feeling what I want to happen and believing that it will happen EXACTLY as I am laying it out is deliberation!
Well, I doubt that many people see the world the same way I do and probably don't read Harry Potter and other paranormals in the same way I do. Often something will just hit me right and I have an ah-ha moment in my Path!!
Tuesday, March 27, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment