Friday, January 6, 2012

A

The letter for this week is "A" and after spending a few days stressing over what to do for this letter, I was meditating and the word "Air" was practically screamed in my brain! So, I'm blogging about air!
Without Air (oxygen) Fire cannot live, Water would stagnate and die, and Earth would cease to exist. It is the first thing we need when we are born and the last to leave us when we die. It makes perfect sense, to me, when we create our sacred circles, that we call Air to us first.
I most closely identify with Air, being a Gemini, and it's really funny because Air is associated with East and Dawn and I am really NOT a morning person! As an aspiring musician I like that flutes, clarinets, bassoons, and bagpipes, to name a few of my favourites, are associated with Air!
I found this invocation on Tumblr last month and really like it:


Here and now I invoke the elemental force of Air
The winds of intellect and imagination
Swirling source of flight, breath and life
I seek the open sky within myself, that I might breathe deeply of
Freedom, ideas, sounds and space
I call you forth to sweep away all that accumulates in the unseen places
And sing beauty into the world
                        Wing and Feather
                        Storm and Leaf
                        Air, I call thee hence!




Archangel: Raphael
Magickal phrase: To know
Season: Spring
Magickal tool: athame, sword, censer
Hour of day: Dawn
Symbolic creatures: eagle, butterfly


Air, a truly wonderful and often playful, element!!

6 comments:

  1. I really love your invocation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the happy thoughts on air. very nice post :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Reading you post made me smile. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice! I thoroughly enjoyed this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really, really love that invocation. Tumblr has been fabulous for me lately for spiritual things. Fabulous post hun! <3

    ReplyDelete