Sunday, January 29, 2012

B is for Belief

So after all my noise about treating the blog like homework, I managed to get all my school homework done, and getting this written on paper (I think better writing on paper first!). I failed to upload it :( It's short, but speaks volumes to me!!

What is belief? The dictionary describes it like this: confidence, trust and faith.
Belief, in my opinion is the MOST important thing in magick. Without belief in yourself, in your spells or in your rituals, they will be naught but empty words. You might as well just pack up your wand and go home. At best you will get nothing, at worst, you may get what you really don't want.

Empty words manifest empty results.

Meditation and positive affirmations are great ways to build up belief in yourself. We also need to have faith, trust and complete confidence in what we are doing as well as in the deities we believe in!

"All it takes is faith and trust" -Peter Pan

2 comments:

  1. Self belief is integral to the way that one lives one life - it gives comfort when one closes the door of ones castle and in the end "faith and trust" sees one never alone
    - in the words of Journey "Don't Stop Believing"

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Empty words manifest empty results" LOVE that. I may steal that! <3 May be a short post but it's packed full, my dear.

    ReplyDelete