Crystals are something I have always been attracted to, without really knowing why. Because I am an Earth worshiper, I decided to take Geology when I started college in January! It is proving to be the most difficult class I have, yet is the one I love the most! We just studied minerals in class and our labs have been centred around minerals, touching, playing with and getting to know the minerals and their habits and forms is a lot of good education and just plain, old FUN!!!
I've never really worked magick with crystals before, but I would like to learn! So, I am hoping that this blog educates, at the very least, me!
Quartz is the most abundant, silicate in our Earth's crust. It is composed of just 2 elements...Silica and Oxygen. That is all. To me that says a lot about why it is used in magick. It's a very simple straight forward mineral (not a rock...never a rock!), that comes in many colours, yet at it's core, it is still just silica and oxygen! Sounds like humans, eh?
Things I have learnt from the web on crystals and their uses in magick:
Cleansing, use in wands for directing power, to use when divining, to define a sacred space.
I even read that crystals can be steeped in water, like a tea. One charges the crystal with intention, places in a glass of pure spring water, and set it out in the sunlight, or moonlight (depending on the purpose). Give the 'tea' the full day or night, then remove the crystal and drink the water.
I really love this one and am going to give it a go (assuming I can find a crystal)!! Crystals have the ability to communicate with you and with other stones. Carry one with you when you attend a lecture or class; it will absorb the information and help you to remember what was discussed.
I know there is a lot more to discuss on crystals and I welcome your thoughts, experiences and guidance on using crystals in my magick!! I have another blog to post (bad witch, skipping a week) and homework to do!!
Brightest blessings :)
No comments:
Post a Comment