So...
I am a Celtic Pagan by terminology! I believe in and honour not only a Goddess but many and also many Gods. My desire in this trek is to get to know them better and to let them get to know me better as well.
I have always been at odds with myself, since I was quite little,not really knowing who I should be or how I should believe. I was raised a Baptist, but it never felt right. My parents were missionaries and for a few years my Da was a pastor. I said all the words they wanted me to say and went to church every time the doors were opened. Went 1 year to a Christian college and was married (outdoors...not looked on with great fondness by my family) in a Christian ceremony. All along I knew I was not being me and not being true to what I should be doing. I made fun of witches, because that was what a "good christian girl" should do.
I entered a highly abusive marriage that lasted much longer than it should have, but I didn't have the strength to walk away. Again, that's not what a "good christian girl" does. The best thing to have come from the marriage was my wonderful son, who is currently serving in the U.S. Navy! In July 2008 my son's father was killed by a bear and after the shock and grief wore off, I knew that there had to be more for me. I just prayed to "whomever was listening" for guidance.
About 2 weeks after that prayer I was introduced to my soul mate and someone I barely knew at the time became my best friend. She was very hesitant to tell me she was a witch, but one night when we were drinking and talking it just kind of came out! She helped me more than she will probably ever know!
Then one night I get really, really drunk and kind of got mad that no-one was talking to me on Twitter and said some kind of dumb things. Because of that night of ranting I met 2 of the best friends I could ever hope for!!! It is so nice that I have them in my life and can ask them questions and not feel like they think I am some kind of crazy woman (though sometimes I am quite sure they do think that!!!).
I thank the Gods for these 2 awesome ladies and look forward to making many more new friends(sober, mind you!! lol) and learn a lot about this incredible journey that called me to it!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment